- For more than a decade Ungooroo Aboriginal Corporation has sought to empower the Indigenous community through programs and services that:
- increase skills
- generate respect
- raise awareness of the employment needs of Aboriginal people
- increase employment opportunities
- ensure social justice
- improve the health of Aboriginal people.
- Ungooroo Aboriginal Corporation is the only Indigenous not-for-profit shop-front organisation in Singleton. Through strong industry networks we aim to assist the Upper Hunter Aboriginal community achieve their vision for the future, ensuring they:
- gain access to training and education
- achieve personal and financial goals
- participate fully in the community
- have access to essential services
- develop and grow sustainable Indigenous businesses.
Whilst striving to make a better future for Indigenous people, Ungooroo Aboriginal Corporation also understands that the community needs to retain the unique heritage and traditions that are integral to the Wanaruah community.
Our values reflect a philosophy of "inclusive membership" and work to establish relationships with other organisations. As a not-for-profit organisation, all income streams generated by Ungooroo Aboriginal Corporation are returned to the Indigenous community through a range of constantly evolving programs and services. In this way the community as a whole benefits from the work done at Ungooroo.
- Our values are therefore critical to our philosophy and include:
- honesty, integrity and professionalism
- commitment to, and respect for, our culture and heritage (past, present and future)
- provision of services for our elders and opportunities for our youth
- protection of our artists' copyright.
Our Aboriginal Employment Strategy
Our programs, services and values are further supported by our Aboriginal Employment Strategy.
Our 2015 Services Brochure
To read more about our goals in 2015, download Ungooroo's 2015 Services Brochure